iPhone App Directory

HP to bring a range of devices with webOS over the next 12 months

Brighthand reports on HP bringing a range of new devices running webOS to market over the next 12 months.

The HP exec says that the most exciting thing will be the range of form factors. It could be interesting, but as always what will make or break the devices (certainly for mobile music anyway) is whether it is audio and music capable and whether developers start to take it on as a viable platform.

Clip to Evernote

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HP WebOS Fail.

They should Concentrate on Thin, Win7, Revolutionary Processor that can Give the Win7 Tablet the Battery Life and Performance we want.

johnng0 said...

@Beat

I wouldn't say "fail" too fast, WebOS is a fantastic operating system with insane multitasking ability.

But I personally would prefer a dual boot option with both Windows and WebOS, so for basic stuff like web browsing I can get an instant-on WebOS, and if I want a complete working environment I could boot in Windows.

I just hope HP doesn't continue the dumbing down of computing Apple has begun with IOS.

Unknown said...

Agreed. Can't knock it till I try it.
From the pics I saw it looked like it ran together with win 7.
Come on HP. I been waiting for your Tablet since January.

ashley said...

I've always wanted more multi-boot hardware, and I'd like to see webOS in a new form factor,

I hope that they don't drop the Classic emulator either.