iPhone App Directory

My first thoughts on the iPod Touch as a mobile device

So, I’ve owned an iPod Touch for a few days now. What’s it like? Well, my first impression is that it is really well made. The device itself is sturdy and feels very solid. When you turn it on it has a very slick interface and selecting applications and navigating between screens is very straightforward. Moving apps from one page to another and deleting them is again simple and easy.

As a PDA the iTouch has good built in apps comprising:

Calendar
Mail
Notes
Safari (browser)
Clock
Music
Photos
iTunes
App Store

They all function well and I’d have to say that it is tempting to move to using it as a PDA.

The apps I’ve bought / downloaded so far are:

BeatMaker
Pianist
Band
iDrum (both versions)
BtBx
IR 909
PaklSound
Oscillator
AirDrum
ITM MidiLab
ITM XYPad
ITM Keys
ITM Matrix
Remote
Scratch
DrumKit
Drummer

And a non-music application:

iPint (quite a silly app)

I’ve only just started to play with these apps, so more to come as I get into them. However, it is interesting to see how this platform is developing.

No comments: