iPhone App Directory

iDensity: details


iDensity arrived yesterday, here are the full details of the new app:

iDensity for iPad brings all the powerful Density/Pulsaret (Mac/Win standalone) Granular Synthesis tools to the world’s most popular tablet. http://www.densitygs.com

iDensity is a new real-time software designed for asynchronous sound file granulation, a genuine granular playground able to generate a wide range of usual and not so usual effects: time/pitch shifting, time/pitch jittering, intricate textures, grain fountain/pulverizer, recording and manipulation of buffers, complex scrub pad exploration, dynamic envelope shape and many more. iDensity for iPad will give you all the basic and advanced tools you need to manipulate sound in subtle and surprising ways. All these features are packed in an optimized, user-friendly, visually sharp interface that is easy to access when fast-improvising live, composing in a studio, or sound designing at home and on the go! You will have the power, freedom, and flexibility to create like never before – on your iPad! iDensity allows you to record audio directly with your iPad mic and load up to nine built-in sound sample or add your own WAV, AIFF, CAF, MP3, M4A or MP3 files via iTunes.
With iDensity it is possible to record the stereo output (of granulation) into the documents folder while scrubbing in the wavepad or moving granulation parameters in real-time. The mixdown/audio results can then be syncronized with/in iTunes.

Control and shape grains, anytime, anywhere with Density for iPad.
  • nine built-in sound samples
  • record audio directly with iPad mic
  • add WAV, AIFF, CAF, MP3, M4A or MP3 files via iTunes
  • capture audio output
  • up to eight shapes for the grain envelope
  • record the granulation audio output
  • wavepad zoom selection
  • wavepad scrub
  • wavepad peak normalize
The app is priced at $8.99

iDensity - apeSoft

iPads at the Apple Store

Clip to Evernote

5 comments:

Joost said...

This looks like a nice, albeit pretty standard implementation of granular processing.

If I get an iPad, this will probably be on my shopping list.

Sleep said...

I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be more interest in this app. It's certainly more interesting than whatever throwaway synth apps came out this month. Can't wait for copy/paste to be added.

iDensity looks great for people into making ambient and experimental stuff.

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, it looks like I'm going to skint again! I've already got an extensive list of apps to buy and it looks like I'll have to add this to it. I read the smite matter blog the other day, and decided to try and follow his example of producing some projects using only my iOS devices. Up until now, I've only used it as a sketchpad. If anyone has any tips, I would be very interested to hear them.

ashley said...

@Anon, sorry about the being skint. I know the feeling. A few too many things coming out at the moment!

As for tips, that's a good idea. I'll share your request tomorrow if that's ok.

Anonymous said...

@Palm Sounds:
Wow, thank you very much. I think if I give up the fast women and loose cars, I might be able to afford a few more apps this month. Plus, I'm not sure I need both lungs.....off to ebay I go.