iPhone App Directory

NanoPad (via Robman84)

Here's a mini-review of the NanoPad from Robman84:
Well, the nanopad is fantastic and such good value. I've got it pretty much permanently dedicated to Virtual DJ at the moment. It sits in front of my mixer and I've set it so you use two pads to cycle up and down the effects then as soon as you press the XY pad the effect is triggered and the parameters are controlled by the XY pad, with the remaining buttons mapped to the effect buttons for the selected effect.

The obvious main use for this is things like triggering and modifying a low pass filter as well as an autocut, flanger and delay. I suppose in one sense a poor man's Kaoss pad, but in another sense, a more flexible Kaoss pad!

I tried hooking it up to the Loox 720 to see if it would act as an HID compliant device. Whilst the Loox recognised it, I couldn't fudge any drivers to make it install.

It is also a fun device for bashing out drum beats although the flam and drum roll options are a bit gimmicky IMHO. I've configured it to work with DR008 as a VSTi and it is really rather nice.

I was interested that the Loox 720 recognised the nanopad but couldn't use it. That's a shame as it would be so cool to be able to use hardware like this with software like Griff, MeTeoR, Mixtikl etc.

If anyone knows of ways to do this please do get in touch and share your experience.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: