iPhone App Directory

ZX Spectrum on my Axim

I've always been interested in the possibilities of using emulation to run music software from other platforms. Yesterday I managed to get an old (1987!) Spectrum application runnging on my Axim using an emulator called UnrealSpeccy PPC, which is apparently one of the best Spectrum emulators available, and it is free!



The app I got running was called "WHAM the Music Machine". Awful title I know, but I do remember using this with a friend who had a Spectrum and actually making music with it.

It is a creaky old app, but you can make those fantastic Spectrum percussion sounds, which is great.

There's a wealth of old Spectrum software available on the net and I plan to try out some more titles soon.

When I get time I'll post a video on this too.

No comments: