iPhone App Directory

My app of the week is ... Audio Mastering Studio, and here's why



This is an older track that I decided to rework on my iPad mini using Effectrix. The original track was made in Aurora Sound Studio HD. Once I'd got the main track recorded in AudioShare I then mastered using the following chain in audiobus:

AudioShare > Master FX > Audio Mastering Studio



It made me realise that there's so much depth in these apps, depth that I just haven't touched at all as yet. I am just scratching the surfare. Not that that's a bad thing. It does mean that there's loads more to get to grips with and learn.



Especially in Audio Mastering, which is one reason it's my app of the week this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. Would be nice to hear the pre Effectrix/Audio Mastering mix as well.

Mike said...

Here are a pre- and post-mastered version of a track I did with the initial release of the app. It'll give you a decent idea of the difference it makes.

Pre: https://soundcloud.com/mcoffman/trio-ii

Post: https://soundcloud.com/mcoffman/trio-ii-mastered-version

Mike