iPhone App Directory

Openmoko: SATAN (Signal Applications To Any Audio Network)


Thanks to bOOmbaum for posting a comment with a link to this OpenMoko app called 'Satan', which stands for 'Signal Applications To Any Audio Network'. Here's how the wiki page describes it:
Signal Applications To Any (Audio for now) Network is a program for sound and music creation and composition.
In fact, it is aimed to enable you to do everything from composing to mastering and in the end create a complete master piece...

Features
Plug-in based system for sound generators and effects.
Create networks of machines and effects graphically.
Use the touch-screen to tap your rythms and melodies.
Or use the built-in tracker.
Supports both directly generated sound and samples.

I'd quite forgotten about Openmoko as a platform to be honest, but perhaps it is something I should keep a closer eye on. This app looks quite interesting, but of course, without a device I can't tell you anything more at the moment, and I doubt I'll be getting one at $399 per handset.

Anyway, if anyone does have any experience of this app or other Openmoko music apps please do get in touch.

Bookmark and Share

tags technorati :

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog entry!

I am the current principal author of SATAN, and I did the Open Moko port. However, since the Open Moko platform sort of slowly died I dropped it.. I have however moved on to Android now, and I have a porting project going on... No app on the market yet, but if you have a device you can build it your self from source: (Android 2.1 minimum)


https://code.launchpad.net/~pltxtra/satan/android