iPhone App Directory

Using GuitarJack for output

If you listened to the last episode of the Touchsound Podcast you might remember that I was talking about using the GuitarJack for audio out. Well I tested this very briefly with SoundPrism on my iPhone 3G and it worked just fine.

I thought you might want to know.

Clip to Evernote

1 comment:

dswo said...

If you just need line out, there is another solution that's pretty cheap. What you're looking for is a dock connector at one end and an audio jack at the other. Lots of these out there. The intended use for most of them is listening to your iPod in the car; I use it to output sound to a couple of computer speakers. Because you're bypassing the headphone amp, the sound is much cleaner. Here's one I
found at Amazon for $10 with shipping:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00499DZJG. One nice feature of this particular connector is that you can charge your device while you're using it.