Amidio are back and have just submitted Toich DJ Evolution to the app store. So there's hope now for the other great sounding apps that they had planned!
8 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Good grief! That has taken a while to surface....I guess they've been busy churning out code. No doubt I'll review Touch DJ evolution when it hits the store, it'll be interesting to see how it compares to the likes of Cue.Play.DJ and Touch The Wave - assuming it's still waveform based.
I just feel more and more with then whats the point. I think unless I see an update to ANY of the many apps I've already purchased from them, why would I give them more money for an app that never gets fixed? When they were one of the top iOS music devs. I bought everything and loved it, but since then none of them run without crashing because they haven't been updated to work on current OS or hardware. Instead they seem to spend they're time just creating new stuff and never looking back. Apparently not even responding to loyal customers inquiries. I feel like they need to prove themselves again before I'll waste my money. But that's just my opinion.
@mlumb "unless I see an update to ANY of the many apps I've already purchased from them, why would I give them more money for an app that never gets fixed?"
Welcome to the App Store era, where only a minority of apps are still maintained and updated after a few months, and even less still works after a few years.
Out of all the apps I got in 4 years (150+ including free ones), I are still maintained and updated, and a lot of them broke with IOS updates.
Its the new economy (on every platforms, not only Apple's).
Yeah i only have 1app from these guys and at first glance I was excited and surprised at what I could do with it. That app is piano star. After spending a moment in it though I find that simple requests,like to open the saved menu crashes the app. This would have been a great tool for recording simple piano parts but plagued by update issues.
I didn't want to turn this into a 'bashing' thread,so to end all I can say is I can't wait for noise.io xt as I have wanted to buy noise.io since I got my iPad but am so unsure how it will perform. Mint sounds cool too
PS I was so surprised at piano star because it is FREE!
They had a cool video for another cool 'star' app but it seems that I was too late and that app has been pulled from the app store. Bummer. I liked what I saw.
Yeah I agree with you guys. I think they need to hit the ground running with the touch evolution. DeeJay is the best Dj app. any Dj app without iTunes library is a poor app. the feature any new dj app should be looking at is midi controller support...quixpin is the only app I know working on it.
I know apps come and go but amidio had the only 10 dollar app that never worked once plus the only dev that never replied once not on mail neither forum and not one update but 3 promises to do so
thats not coming and going thats just absent. the only thing that did work was paying for it.
I totally called this when you were looking for them a while back. They were in dev mode. This is exactly what they've done multiple times - they disappear while in dev mode. Then they come back when they have something, do a bunch of promotions, and then disappear again.
I don't expect much support from these guys.
Also, I expect that this will be a new app and not an upgrade to their current app. This is a pity, because looking at their screenshot indicates that there isn't much of a difference in the app at all.
8 comments:
Good grief! That has taken a while to surface....I guess they've been busy churning out code. No doubt I'll review Touch DJ evolution when it hits the store, it'll be interesting to see how it compares to the likes of Cue.Play.DJ and Touch The Wave - assuming it's still waveform based.
I just feel more and more with then whats the point. I think unless I see an update to ANY of the many apps I've already purchased from them, why would I give them more money for an app that never gets fixed? When they were one of the top iOS music devs. I bought everything and loved it, but since then none of them run without crashing because they haven't been updated to work on current OS or hardware. Instead they seem to spend they're time just creating new stuff and never looking back. Apparently not even responding to loyal customers inquiries. I feel like they need to prove themselves again before I'll waste my money. But that's just my opinion.
@mlumb
"unless I see an update to ANY of the many apps I've already purchased from them, why would I give them more money for an app that never gets fixed?"
Welcome to the App Store era, where only a minority of apps are still maintained and updated after a few months, and even less still works after a few years.
Out of all the apps I got in 4 years (150+ including free ones), I are still maintained and updated, and a lot of them broke with IOS updates.
Its the new economy (on every platforms, not only Apple's).
Yeah i only have 1app from these guys and at first glance I was excited and surprised at what I could do with it. That app is piano star. After spending a moment in it though I find that simple requests,like to open the saved menu crashes the app. This would have been a great tool for recording simple piano parts but plagued by update issues.
I didn't want to turn this into a 'bashing' thread,so to end all I can say is I can't wait for noise.io xt as I have wanted to buy noise.io since I got my iPad but am so unsure how it will perform. Mint sounds cool too
PS I was so surprised at piano star because it is FREE!
They had a cool video for another cool 'star' app but it seems that I was too late and that app has been pulled from the app store. Bummer. I liked what I saw.
Yeah I agree with you guys. I think they need to hit the ground running with the touch evolution. DeeJay is the best Dj app. any Dj app without iTunes library is a poor app. the feature any new dj app should be looking at is midi controller support...quixpin is the only app I know working on it.
I know apps come and go
but amidio had the only 10 dollar app that never worked once
plus the only dev that never replied once
not on mail neither forum
and not one update but 3 promises to do so
thats not coming and going thats just absent.
the only thing that did work was paying for it.
I totally called this when you were looking for them a while back. They were in dev mode. This is exactly what they've done multiple times - they disappear while in dev mode. Then they come back when they have something, do a bunch of promotions, and then disappear again.
I don't expect much support from these guys.
Also, I expect that this will be a new app and not an upgrade to their current app. This is a pity, because looking at their screenshot indicates that there isn't much of a difference in the app at all.
Post a Comment