iPhone App Directory

Could the Zii give the iTouch and iPhone a real run?


The Apple Blog has this post on the Zii Egg, which has some really impressive hardware features, especially when you compare it to the iPhone.

Whilst I think it is probably a good thing for there to be some competition I wonder whether developers will have the appetite for a new device where there is currently no definitive OS as the Zii can run Android and Zii Plaszma, both of which are open source, but I know nothing about Plaszma at all.

It'll be interesting to see if the hardware goes anywhere, and if it can gain some ground. Lots of good hardware projects don't get off the ground because of market entry problems and I hope that this doesn't suffer in the same way.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet nothing comes of it

Anonymous said...

The big question will be if it can get developers behind it as a platform