iPhone App Directory

How interfaces effect your music

I was listening to "From Trash" by John Foxx today. It's a cracking electro-pop album. It made me think about making some really chunky elecro-pop tracks, and that made me think about using AudioBox Micro Composer to make some tracks, because AudioBox works well with that style of music.

I think it is interesting that different interfaces lend themselves to different musical styles more than others. In some ways I think that Microbe is similar in that it lends itself to writing that kind of synthy pop.

I can't immediately think of other apps that I use and particular styles that I associate with them, but I wonder if it is a negative thought that I associate applications and styles in this way? Perhaps it is something I need to try and break out of by writing music in those applications that goes contrary to my preconceptions.

No comments: