iPhone App Directory

Palm Sounds Song Contest Entry: Grain Bastard - Portable Glitch (Palmsounds.net 8th Birthday Celebration) by Punisha



Description:

"My Track to celebrate the superb www.palmsounds.net reaching 8 years of broadcasting :)

Reading your posts has become part of my daily routine, so thank you for making it interesting.

Anyway, I sampled various apps making sounds themed around palmsounds - ie I used virtual-ANS and a screen dump of the palm sounds logo to make a lot of drones and drum sounds for the OP-1. I also sampled VOX 3000 voice synth via my iOS Zoom mic for extra 'spirit of the event' by keeping things portable.

After a bit of fun writing 'palm' and 'sounds.net' into Sketch on the OP-1, I ended up with a whole crazy mess of sounds on the 4-track which I transferred to the ipad and tried to mix it in Auria - The resultant audio got hammered by a selection of inbuilt Auria 'plugins' such as Fabfilters microfilter and Sugerbytes WOW.

I don't have an iOS mastering app so I did my best polishing with Auria's master channel plugins. Would normally mix and master in my DAW, so it was a learning exercise which turned out to be great fun.

Happy belated birthday palmsounds :)"

1 comment:

Steve said...

Nice track! I love sampling of the logo. Great idea.