iPhone App Directory

A few thoughts about SeekBeats


It's only been a few weeks since this app arrived. I know that it's easy for us to forget about stuff like this quite quickly as new apps and updates arrive, and it's also quite easy to miss stuff like this with the huge amount of mobile news.

So I wanted to say a few things about SeekBeats. This is an app from the developer of TweakyBeat which is another great drum synth, but SeekBeats goes way further and it isn't until you start to dig in to this app that you realise just how flexible it is. I love synth drums and the more extreme the better. SeekBeats is going to fill all my synth drum needs for quite some time. Here's why ...

One of the great features, just one, is that you can adjust the filter to only work on the noise element of a drum patch or on the whole of the patch. How coll is that? The flexibility in the sound design of this app is amazing and very easy to overlook, which is something you shouldn't do.

So, if you missed it, if you overlooked it, then take the opportunity to check it out. You won't be sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic app but I'd love the ability to export individual tracks.
Obviously I can mute or solo one at a time and record into a DAW but obviously that takes longer.
Also then upload to Dropbox would make life easier for me :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh yes. The ability to filter the noise of a drum patch will fill all my drum needs too...
I even heard Nickleback uses that feature, every day, around lunch, and again in the evening.
Hows that for filling all drums needs!