Interesting to see it on an iPad, I'm not sure that it translates well though. We'll see what the final version looks like.
6 comments:
Anonymous
said...
About Loopy-
Loopy II is a fantastic app- i've been communicating with the president of the CO - M.Tyson
The videos out currently demonstrating the beatboxing doesn't do the app justice. The power and brilliance IMO is the unique application of Diracs timestretching/tempo matching and Audio Copy/Paste.
When Loopy II came out- there was no multitrack with timestretching -
I've been using Loopy II as a multitrack utilizing ACP from other apps directly into Loopy - plus bouncing the tracks to single orbs really opened a lot of options -
I intend on doing some videos showing the ACP in action with instrument parts from Thumbjam, Mixtikl(which works fantastic with Loopy) and my current favorite app combo of Morphwiz and Samplewiz.
With Mixtikl, i'll load up the Noatikl seed UI and make some generative parts using the rules and export that atmosphere to an orb in Loopy
Then I'll load up thumbjam and make some chord progressions of violin, or cello and export to another Loopy Orb
Then I'll load up iShred, or Samplewiz and work on a lead hook (granular synth) or tap out a harmonic and deep bass track in morphwiz and export to another orb.
I repeat this process often and if I need another track- I can bounce 2 orbs to a single orb and free up another track.
but again- the brilliance and effectiveness is how the Dirac is implemented- it works better than you imagine- try it out, It's something that should be experienced.
But why would time stretching be so important when you build up loops via ACP from other apps, and have complete control to use the same tempo throughout?
I bought loopy 2 to support the developer,and cuz palmsouns has a way of making my compulsive need to buy music apps a true "problem"
It will be cool for iPad native as that's what I am running it on now. I wonder if the current loopy will just be updated for iPad support or if I will have to buy all over again.
I'm with the other person on the time stretch thing If I am using all app created parts then I can control tempo for each. The time stretch would help for live and/or outside sample sources though. I haven't used loopy all to much because like the first post mentioned I tried doing the whole beatbox and accapella thing but It was fun for a while. I never got really into using it as a multi tracker. I should take some time to revisit it for thatjusage. Look forward to seeing a video too.
Loopy is EXCELLENT. My new favorite looping app. EDL is a close second but either could pull into the lead if they offered midi sync over wifi or core midi.
I just tried looping my guitar in Loopy this evening using my Vox Tone Lab ST for the first time through the Camera Connection Kit on my iPad 1... worked GREAT. Clean sound, full featured looping and I can mix in elements from Thumbjam, soundprism pro, and others on the fly. Loving it and can't wait for the iPad version!
6 comments:
About Loopy-
Loopy II is a fantastic app- i've been communicating with the president of the CO - M.Tyson
The videos out currently demonstrating the beatboxing doesn't do the app justice. The power and brilliance IMO is the unique application of Diracs timestretching/tempo matching and Audio Copy/Paste.
When Loopy II came out- there was no multitrack with timestretching -
I've been using Loopy II as a multitrack utilizing ACP from other apps directly into Loopy - plus bouncing the tracks to single orbs really opened a lot of options -
I intend on doing some videos showing the ACP in action with instrument parts from Thumbjam, Mixtikl(which works fantastic with Loopy) and my current favorite app combo of Morphwiz and Samplewiz.
With Mixtikl, i'll load up the Noatikl seed UI and make some generative parts using the rules and export that atmosphere to an orb in Loopy
Then I'll load up thumbjam and make some chord progressions of violin, or cello and export to another Loopy Orb
Then I'll load up iShred, or Samplewiz and work on a lead hook (granular synth) or tap out a harmonic and deep bass track in morphwiz and export to another orb.
I repeat this process often and if I need another track- I can bounce 2 orbs to a single orb and free up another track.
but again- the brilliance and effectiveness is how the Dirac is implemented- it works better than you imagine- try it out, It's something that should be experienced.
I look forward to that, anonymous!
But why would time stretching be so important when you build up loops via ACP from other apps, and have complete control to use the same tempo throughout?
I bought loopy 2 to support the developer,and cuz palmsouns has a way of making my compulsive need to buy music apps a true "problem"
It will be cool for iPad native as that's what I am running it on now. I wonder if the current loopy will just be updated for iPad support or if I will have to buy all over again.
I'm with the other person on the time stretch thing If I am using all app created parts then I can control tempo for each. The time stretch would help for live and/or outside sample sources though. I haven't used loopy all to much because like the first post mentioned I tried doing the whole beatbox and accapella thing but It was fun for a while. I never got really into using it as a multi tracker. I should take some time to revisit it for thatjusage. Look forward to seeing a video too.
yes
very accurate
merging is a nice feature
and you can adjust loops by turning them slightly
Loopy is EXCELLENT. My new favorite looping app. EDL is a close second but either could pull into the lead if they offered midi sync over wifi or core midi.
I just tried looping my guitar in Loopy this evening using my Vox Tone Lab ST for the first time through the Camera Connection Kit on my iPad 1... worked GREAT. Clean sound, full featured looping and I can mix in elements from Thumbjam, soundprism pro, and others on the fly. Loving it and can't wait for the iPad version!
With the release of the iPad version, will Loopt 2 become a universal app, or will the two be released seperately?
Post a Comment