iPhone App Directory

4 Apps I'm looking forward to

There are 4 apps in the offing that I've been looking out for for a while now.

Rectools:
The two track version of this app is already out but YUDO have said that they have both an 8 and a 16 track version coming. In addition to this they've talked about adding synths a drum machine and effects too. I'm hoping that these will be the step forward for iPhone music making that the iPhone needs.

8bitone
This is a great idea for an app. I hope that this app can act as a real bridge between iPhone music makers and the chiptune community.

The last two are Amidio apps, hexatone and keasis. Not much detail on either as yet but if they are as good as amidio's other apps then they'll be worth watching.

Posted from my iPhone

6 comments:

robman84 said...

A 16 track rectools with synths, drums and fx would be magnificent.

I noticed 4pockets releases an iPhone version of their spectrum analyser. I wonder if they're planning ports of their other apps like stompbox and MeTeoR?

Anonymous said...

Even an 8 track rectools with those add ons would be a big step forward in my opinion.

If 4pockets keep on that would be good too, but I hope that they allow you to bring in wav files too to go over the top

formal said...

8bitone looks fun. Finally looks like this application should be real usable and intuitive. I haven't been this excited about an app for a while.

robman84 said...

8bitone is out now. A bit expensive for me sadly, so I'll watch this one from the sideline.

ToyoBunko said...

Hey Ashley, this is a preview video of Hexatone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYQfLrz3m6U

Check it out :)

As always, thank you so much for coverage of our news ) We really appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Still waiting on hexatone ....