iPhone App Directory

Alleygate first look

I posted on Alleygate from phaseArray just the other day. I've had a few minutes to play with it now and I thought I'd put down a few observations.

As I said before Alleygate is a mono gate. It uses the left & right input channels - one is input signal, one is gate signal. When the gate signal drops below zero the input signal will be entirely muted. In this respect it is has two states:
on or off.

Using the plug in is as simple as any of the other plug ins, and it works fine. I used it on a couple of tracks that I'd already made and it gives very interesting effects. I especially like the wet/dry control. I had no crashes in the short time I used the plug in which is a good sign.

I'm hoping that phaseArray release it soon so others can try it out.



No comments: