iPhone App Directory

It's the last day of 2014, I can't believe it

I suppose it's the old cliche of "Where did the year go?", but it does feel like that a bit. It feels like loads has happened and also not too much has moved on at the same time. If indeed that makes any sense at all.

So why does it feel like that? Well I think because we've seen a lot of new things in the mobile music world, and also a lot of very similar things. From my perspective Apple haven't really innovated with the iPhone 6 and 6+ or the latest iPads either. They're upgrades, iterations of what has gone before. I'm hoping that the Apple Watch will drive innovation in directions that we can't see as yet. I hope I'm right.

We've seen some pretty amazing new apps, and I think that it has to be said that there has been innovation in some places, but not as much as I'd like to see. I haven't been wow'd enough really. Don't get me wrong, there's been plenty of apps that I've liked, been impressed with, but not enough that have that jaw-dropping impact that I've seen in previous years.

I guess it's been a kind of solid progress year for mobile music. Ups and downs, yes, but progress nevertheless.

I'd like to think that 2015 will see things change and bring some real innovation into the market. I'd like to see Android move up and start to be a real challenger to iOS. I'd also love to see another OS enter the fray, but that's really unlikely I know.

So, enough of the ramblings, there's still quite a few more things to post about in 2014 and I'd better get on with that now ...

No comments: