iPhone App Directory

Korg's Ableton export makes me wonder what's next

I'm still somewhat confused or rather, intrigued as to why Korg would decide to introduce the Ableton export feature in Gadget and iKoassilator. Not that I'm complaining or that I think it's a bad idea at all. In fact I've been playing with it today and I really like it, but it does make me wonder if we'll see more integration of this kind from Korg, or if they'll do similar things with Cubase, Reason, Logic? Who knows.

It's also a good way for Ableton to enter the mobile space without actually entering the mobile space. What next?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ableton is testing the water via korg. That's all it is. In this way, they will weigh the reaction of this ableton export feature, coupled with analising just how powerful the next gen iPads will be and lol, likely grace us with an iOS ableton.

Most likely they have been waiting for more processing power before deciding to get involved.

If they do release a daw it dont be cheap and could be the gateway for the software sceptics to finally embrace iOS:)

Anonymous said...

@Anon, I read opinions like yours everyday. You need to work on your logic mate. It makes no sense whatsoever.

ashley said...

@Anon2, I disagree. I think @Anon1 has a valid and interesting point.

It would be nice if you could both actually use names!