iPhone App Directory

Using BeatMaker 2 with dropbox

I don't know if anyone else is doing this, or if it's so obvious that I'm the last one to work it out. Anyway, the other day I realised that a project I was working on in Beatmaker 2 was just too much for my iPhone 4. So I decided to move it over to my iPad 3, which seemed to make good sense.

The only easy way I could think of doing it was to move the file up to dropbox and back down again, which worked like a dream (over wifi).

So if you run into that sort of problem, connect Beatmaker to dropbox to move stuff about.

Sorry if you've already been doing this for ages.

BeatMaker 2 - INTUA

iPads at the Apple Store
iPod Touch at the Apple Store


Clip to Evernote

4 comments:

dokwok said...

I was thinking about getting Chordbot, and wondering where on my iPod or iPad I could play the resulting MIDI files. (Have often wished there were more sequencers for the iPod/iPhone.) Then I remembered BeatMaker. It won't open MIDI files directly from an email, but the DropBox app will, and once it's in DropBox I was able to import one of my two test files in BeatMaker (not sure why the other one didn't work) and then move the imported track down to an instrument.

Next step: skip the internal BeatMaker instrument and use BeatMaker to sequence Sunrizer or Cassini.

Dj Agent M said...

Glad to see this back up. My app spending went down to nothing when you went but yeah it's all bout Dropbox. You can even use any drum kits ie loopmasters etc and load them in. Also try out iexplorer if you find you need to backup your productions you can use the data cable and transfer your files. It's easier than you think.

Dj Agent M said...

Been using Dropbox for a while and it's great. Even better if you have a fast broadband. One great idea is if you have any drum kits like loopmasters etc you can build your own kits. Just import from Dropbox. Also if you want to backup your recordings try iexplorer. It uses your data cable and is a pc/mac application transfer is really fast and it's easier to use than it looks. Great to see Palmsounds back :)

NosaThaProducer said...

Using drop box worked perfect for me, I was having an issue getting beats that I made on my Ipad mini over to my 64gb ipad. Drop box seems to be the only solution to work (quickly). Prior to using DropBox i was attempting to exchange the files directly into the app folder, that option allowed me to complete the action however the files never showed up in the other Ipad when i would go to load the file from the project menu.