iPhone App Directory

monle: Mobile Non-Liner Editor for iPhone

Monle trailer from Ochen K. on Vimeo.


I know I said that I wasn't going to be able to tell you anything about this until early April, but thanks to the developer I've had an early look at the site and the trailer video. I hope you'll agree that this app is really amazing. Here's what to expect on the 6th of April:

Monle is a four track, non-linear audio editor for the iPhone and iPod touch. You can record new audio, import prerecorded audio, cut it up, rearrange it, add fades, set volumes, zoom in and out, mix everything down, share audio with other applications, and send the audio wherever you want.

Monle works with all external microphones, both those that plug into the headphone/microphone jack and those that plug into the 30-pin data connector. iPhone users can also record with the iPhone’s internal microphone. Monle records WAVE files with sample rates from 8kHz to 44.1kHz, stereo or mono, in 16-bit. All file formats can be simultaneously mixed and edited together.

With Monle, you can manage recordings, rename and delete audio files, create, save, and open editing sessions, zip and backup sessions, upload and download WAVE files by FTP and local WiFi, and share audio via AudioCopy/AudioPaste.


I think it is going to be hard to wait around for this, but April the 6th will be a good day for mobile music.

12 comments:

MikiStrange said...

OMG! How good is that.
Yes, gonna get it.
Yes, the iPhone has been crying out for it.
Yes, it's going to up everyones game.
Thanks for the post.

Building The Station said...

WOW! This looks exactly what I need to get some vocal tracks added to all my current iPhone beats... cant wait!

Anonymous said...

I may have drooled a little bit...

ashley said...

I know what you mean, I can't wait until the 6th, it is awesome!

Anon, that's is entirely understandable

Ochen K. said...

Thanks all! I'm just as anxious for the launch.

Kerrydan said...

Amazing - this app looks like it took everything I wished RecTools Pro could do (but fell flat), and just did it ten times better.

Any decision on a price yet, Ochen?

uncentered said...

cool! but no effects? i was hoping someone was working on a VST style protocol...oh well..

robman84 said...

Dang I wish vimeo worked on the iPhone so I could see this!

arm the wails said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

arm the wails said...

aahhhhhhhh

kd said...

sweet. That is all I can say

Anonymous said...

I bought this, loving the simplicity but having serious latency problems. e.g. I record a click track, then record and count over it and it's way out of wack. I found turning the phone to airplan mode helped, but it's still out. Also "snapping" one track to another gave mixed accuracies. Hope this gets ironed out soon.