iPhone App Directory

What's in the bag?

I thought I'd post a little insight into what I tend to carry around in my bag most days. I'm guessing that most of us have a gear bag of some sort. The kind of bag that has loads of pockets for devices and notebooks and cables and adapters / cards etc. Mine's no different in that respect, but it does contain a number of PDAs and supporting gear. Here's what's in it at the moment:

- Dell Axim X51v (newest PDA)
- Palm Tungsten T3
- Treo 650
- Sony Clie T425
- Sennheiser PX100 headphones
- 2x Ear buds
- iPod 30gb

No, not all of that is in there every day to be fair, and some days other stuff gets in too, like:

- Digital camera
- Pocket speakers
- Zoom PS04 4-track

And of course, depending on what I am actually carrying, and what I plan to do with it, I carry a small tin or adapters and connectors and cards (SD, CF and SmartMedia).

So, what gets into your bag and why?

2 comments:

Scott L said...

Damn bro, you have a nice selection of equipment to choose from! I don't have a bag as such, and to tell you the truth, I haven't been doing any portable music stuff lately. But I religiously take my TX (with Bhajis Loops) + some el cheapo bud earphones + hard case + 4GB card with me everywhere I go. Mostly as an mp3 player and for general pda style usage, although I do use Bhajis occasionally but not for anything serious. I like the control that a full computer + FL Studio gives me.

I did buy a mic attachment for the TX but never ever remember to take it with me. I bought a new soft large camera-sized case so hopefully I can fit everything in there. The mic is useless for anything musical that I want to do anyway, but I guess it's better than nothing. I'd definitely use it sometimes if I had it with me on the regular.

I used to have a laptop but it died. I'm kiiiinda thinking about getting a Mac lappy, but I'm very familiar with Windows so I'll probably stick with that.

Keep up the good blog-work, it is appreciated :-)

Scott L said...

It's me again with a request. Could you maybe do a little feature about the PS04 one day? Like, get into the nitty gritty of it - what's possible, what's not possible, strong/weak points, general features, etc.

I'm thinking a PS04 linked up with my TX would be kinda cool and allow for some better mic recording abilities. Cheers if you get the time to do that.

~Scott