iPhone App Directory

Modifying a Casio VL-1 or VL-10?

I know I've posted a few times about Casio VL-tones, and this is yet another. I will try to stop going on about this soon I promise. It is just that I have this thought in my head which says that wouldn't it be great if you could modify a VL-Tone to be a MIDI controller for PDA?

It can and has been done in bigger devices such as the Casio SK-1 by Highly Liquid and does it look cool or what!



Now I realise that the first barrier to overcome is the small nature of the VL-1 and the fact that it is after all a glorified calculator, and that even if you could do that you'd then need to be able to get a serial connection into a palm device, which is not easy on many of the OS5 models, but if you could it would look amazing I bet!

My ideal would be to have one the size of the VL-10 below as these are only about 8" long, but maybe that is just too much to ask for?



tags technorati :

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your VL-1 looks different from mine. I wonder if there is any difference in the sound, or if it's just cosmetic?

Does yours still have silly 'calculator' style ADSR programing?dirty circuits