iPhone App Directory

Tonal Scales and Rhythms of the World

I posted on tonal scales before as I find it a fascinating subject, but not one that I am familiar with at all. At some point I will do some reading on the subject.

On a similar, but different note I was reading a really interesting article in Songlines magazine about rhythms of the world. In fact it was called "50 Rhythms of the world". Apart from being quite interesting in itself it coincided with looking at these different tonal scales.

It set me thinking about setting up a bunch of patterns in the Bhajis Loops pattern library for all of these different rhythms. Of course it will take some time to get all of this done, but I think it will be worth it.

My main issue is where to find out more information on these patterns?

No comments: