iPhone App Directory

Apples and Oranges by Angel José





The name does not give a clue to what I did here. Well, I have been noodling with Thor making patches and it is fantastic and surprisingly easy to make noises. I wanted to find another synth to build the same patches and see if I'm successful in recreating the sounds. Not so easy as I thought. I built the beat and base on ReBirth, Audiobus to Garageband, then the other four synths in the first part are using Cassini. The second pass is using Thor. The pad is almost spot on, the others not so much, especially the lead and the FM-type sounds, vastly different from both, plus the way the filters interact is also different. I gave it a try and now I can build the same patches on other synths to see what other differences or similarities I encounter. Let's see what happens :)

No comments: