iPhone App Directory

So was that it?

Having just watched (on and off) various live blogs of Apple's iPhone 5 event I have to say I'm left wondering where the innovation was. Or was it an exercise in showing us where they've missed a trick?

Anyone else feel disappointed?

5 comments:

Edith Frost said...

Yeah... I'd feel differently if every single damn detail hadn't been leaked already. Just hate that!! Feels like there'll be no more Christmas mornings for Apple fans. I mean, I do enjoy the instant gratification via rumors but this is ridiculous.

Pierre Fontaine said...

More of the same. New Year and updates to make everything faster, better, and more magical.

I was happy to see the updated iPods but it seems that the new iPods only come in 32 and 64 gig varieties, at a pretty steep price point too.

Garloo said...

There was no Unicorn Dust but in every way the phone was inproved. As well the USB-3 cable in bodes well for audio and high speed digital transfer.

I think a lot of the new inovations like the passbook as the maps will get a lot more interesting as these are open to use by developers.

The higher quality of the microphone on the phone and background sound reduction seems useful.

As well better internal speakers.

I have not been able to get much more information on the iOS6 inprovements in audio routing (seen in a part of one of the new inprovements of the iOS presentation screen shots) and they always kick up the core audio funtions a bit with each upgrade so later this week maybe we will know a bit more about this as well.

Garloo said...

Did some follow up the Apple site says the new sync cable is USB 2.

So the audio throughput for USB2 at 96K is 20 chanels in syncronious or 10-in 10-out at the same time. Slightly less asycronious.

If that is correct then that would be a big leap up in the number of in digital chanels of live recording throughput. If if Apple alows the Channal up change in sthe SDK.

Personaly I don't have the need for more than 20 chanels but my drummer may up his drumset Rush style and change that.

Garloo said...

Also no one has mentioned that Safari in iOS will support the new web audio standards. Check out some of the features in this link:

http://www.w3.org/TR/webaudio/#Features

Pretty much everything you need for studio level recording and routing capability!

I know that severial companies are creating on line studio solutions that allow for recording and coloboration.

This might provide another leap in music tools on the phone.