iPhone App Directory

Sniff Jazzbox in the wild


I was on the train today and I thought I'd see what this app would pick up. Before I got off the train it had detected 44 networks and was making some interesting sounds. However, the one drawback was that the output wasn't structured in any way really. I think that the app is a good start, but perhaps it needs to add more context to the composition. I had thought of perhaps adding the following as parameters:
  • Time of day
  • Date / season
  • GPS location
Some combination of these together with the network connections could perhaps make for a more contextual soundtrack for your location.

Interestingly I was reading the Mobile Music Workshop catalogue (see earlier post today) and one of the papers submitted was called "The Intelligent Street". The ideas in this paper weren't dissimilar to what has been started in Sniff Jazzbox, but I do think it is the start of the journey.

tags technorati :


Bookmark and Share

No comments: