iPhone App Directory

Larry's Boss Micro BR experience

Thanks to Larry for these comments about the Boss Micro-BR

check out his site here:

"check out my site, I created everything you hear with the Micro Br. Rhythm, lead guitar, drums, bass. I really pushed the limits of this recorder. Edited patches, and constant tweaks. If you have any questions about the Micro BR, just give me a hoot. I think its an okay recorder. Its not a 100k studio, but I didnt have to pay $150 hour either.

I have one, it has nice sound, until you burn it to a cd, then it sounds okay. Great for the low price. It has some flaws I have found. Well when you click to start recording, the buttons are metal, and actually make a click sound that can be heard in the recording afterwards which sucks, It does not have enough bass guitar effects, the drum beats suck, I only use them as a metronome to get my rhythm down. The main thing that bothers me about the unit is that it sounds so good thru the headphones, then you burn it, and it flattens out. The onboard mic is okay, picks up my breathing, and does not have enough vocal effects. Like say for instance you wanted to sound like darth vader, forget it. unless you want to spend endless time editing the patch. Takes adaptors to hook up to your amp. No outboard speaker, must use headphones. Not user friendly, but becomes somewhat easy after you put together about 4 songs. Its really not that great of a machine, but if you want to just get some basic song ideas down, its pretty cool. You could make a cd with this, but dont expect to not hear clicks from the buttons in your final recordings. My advice would be get the expensive 24 track you always wanted and skip this if you are serioius in anyway shape or form about your music."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the microBR. I agree with Larry's comments but for less than $200 I think the product is brilliant and feature-rich. I use mine mostly at home sitting on the couch learning songs and screwing around. Computers are very powerful and offer more, but this way I can be anywhere and don't have to sit in front of a monitor. So easy to take on the road as well. I give it 5 stars for what it is considering the value, features, and quality.

Unknown said...

With Micro BR it is love at first sight :D

For the price and portability, it's a nice piece of gear. The sound is great, and I didn't have any problems with clicks and so...

A bad thing about it is because it's too much guitar-oriented. I'll try to mess up with the FX presets later. :D

I highly recommend it! Yesterday, while my girlfried was playing The Sims 2, I used the Micro BR to record some ideas... and that's what it's useful for... It's not always you can rely on your computer :D

Unknown said...

I have a problem with erasing some songs I recorded. Pg. 56 instructed how to delete unwanted songs. Now I have a Micro BR that has no drum tracks. What did I do Wrong?

Anonymous said...

JOHN, you can restore your Micro BR settings. I thought the drums tracks are made not to be permanently deleted (they should be able to be restored to factory settings). Check the manual for the restore sequence.