iPhone App Directory

Mixx Mobile: First Look



I got around to playing (albeit very briefly) with Mixx Mobile this afternoon. Only a very brief look I have to say, and so far I've only messed about with the demo track that comes with the application.

So far, I've found it to be an interesting little app, which is basically a small multi-track recorder / editor. In the demo song there are three tracks and a bunch of relatively short clips contained in those tracks, so I don't know how it will cope with recording longer pieces of audio.

You can use up to 6 tracks of audio for a project. Audio clips can be edited and have effects applied to them such as:

· Bass Optimizer
· Equalizer
· Chorus
· Reverb
· Echo

I only tried out the echo and reverb, but I did like the reverb controls.

I haven't tried out the export functions, or used any of my own clips to see what it can do. However, I think that at this stage it is worth a closer look, and when I get a chance I'll do just that and post again.

No comments: