iPhone App Directory

Microbe 1.3: A Perfect Musical Sketch book

I thought I'd write about Microbe today. Microbe was the first piece of software I bought from Chocopoolp, and I think the first thing that was released from there. It is a fantastic application for jotting down ideas quickly. It is really about making electronic music, but it can be adapted to do interesting things...

What's in Microbe?

- 2 Mono synths
- Drum machine
- Effects
- X-Y Pad
- Export to Bhajis Loops (for when you want to expand your ideas)
- Render to WAV!

How do I use Microbe?

Usually I use microbe when I want to play around for a minute or two with ideas and not get hung up on being technical and having to worry about settings and the like. That's a nice thing about Microbe. Things are simple and straightforward. I like that. When something is done in Microbe it can then be moved out into Bhajis Loops, or if that's really it it can stay there and be rendered to a wav file right on your device.

If it needs to get more attention then it can be exported to Bhajis and from there you can do almost anything with it.

No comments: