iPhone App Directory

The Palm as a field recording platform

Last week I was away on holiday with my family. We went to the Isle of Wight, which is a family favourite. One thing that my family expect from me on holiday is doing slightly strange things.

Like what? Well, field recording with a mobile phone (Treo 650) for one thing. It isn't easy to record sounds on a device that was built to be a mobile phone. But, it is possible, and this year I managed to get quite a good selection of recordings from our holiday.

However, recording software for the palm platform is not always easy to come by. This year I used Bhajis Loops, and whilst good it is not ideal for field work. I have also used Wave Edit Pro, and that too is good, but somehow not entirely satisfactory.

And so the search goes on.

No comments: