Garloo said...
Picked this up this morning. My first impression is that it is very similar in function to Reactor or Dinwaller. The interface has a lot going on but sees a lot going on. I had a little trouble navagaiting the menu at the bottom.
You bring up modules on one screen you set them up. On another you connect up the modules each have nodes like in reactor.
There is a keyboard and sequencer. There is a page with all sorts of the linkups for the line 6 ect and midi looks very deep.
The sound using some of the defaults they give you sounds very-very nice a lot of layered depth.
I bet they have plans for a different style app for the ipad because all the depth is implemented well but tight on the iphone.
I think this is pretty great and looks like it is arriveing with a lot of functionality. I have been using Dingwaller a bunch to make sounds and this seems like it has more going on.
It is different than Jasuto as it seems to be set up to make a single keyboard or sequencer object. It is more like reactor and a bit less expermental which is fine as the controls are more straitforward.
Think this could be big if you like modular stuff.

6 comments:
I wonder why they started on iPhone not on iPad. This app has potential, but extremely hard to use on a small screen.
Can it send midi or just recieve?
@giku...
Probably because the iPhone is supported by Akai's Synthstation?
Now wouldn't Sunrizer be a great app is it just ran on an iPhone and also supported the SS25? ;) :)
when moving adjusing sliders it can produce some awfull loud sounds without playing it.....
It only a toy in comparison with Reaktor, the difference is huge!
I use on my iTouch Jasuto PRO, it still not Reaktor, but not a toy and sounds very intresting
Post a Comment