iPhone App Directory

A first impression of Addictive Synth

The first thing I have to say about this iPad app is that it is very aptly named. I thought that I'd have a quick play with it, but couldn't keep to anything quick and found myself using the app for quite a while.

So what makes it addictive? For me it was the ability to draw waveforms on the screen and set the arp to hold whilst I played around with the sound. Just great fun to play with, and a really good sound engine with good parameters too.

I can't say that I've found my way around the app in it's entirety, that's something for another day, and I'll let you know how that goes. I'm especially looking forward to the recording functions.

Everyone I've heard give views on this app have said that they've enjoyed it, and can't see any reason why someone wouldn't.

I'm looking forward to spending more time with this app and integrating into some work too.

Addictive Synth - VirSyn

iPads at the Apple Store

Clip to Evernote

2 comments:

freesoulvw said...

I think it's a great addition to all the other "full screen" synth that have recently dropped. It has it's own unique qualities that make it not compete with anything else and that's what helps it sell.

I have spent a little bit of time building some stuff but not as much as I like.

I think virsyn has found a winner and it goes to show that they can put out a high quality stable app. The price point doesn't hurt either! Horizon started a great trend in delivering high power standalone synth apps at a price that can't be over looked.

It's a thing of beauty when power and performance mix to bring an affordable tool for EVERYONE to buy. This time virsyn stuck to just one focus and left out the kitchen sink. What we are left with is a greatly powerful tool that has unlimited potential. Thanks for this one virsyn. Bravo

Tom TM said...

Well put freesoulvw.

I got flamed for whining about Sunrizer, but I really hope that all those who were annoyed at me, can now see where I was coming from?

For a while I thought that iOS development was simply going to stagnate, and we would return to the boring old sine square saw dirge of yesteryear. Fortunately (with ShapeSynth flying the waveform generation flag too- and also a brand new Shape build too- Ashley where's the announcement?), I've been proved wrong.

Addictive is exactly the kind of app direction I was hoping for. Well done Virsyn! :)