iPhone App Directory

Apogee brings another interface for the iPad

Gearwire has the news of another interface for the iOS, this time from Apogee. For $99 you can expect:

  • PureDIGITAL instrument connection delivers pristine sound quality
  • Designed for electric guitar and bass
  • With no confusing setup, you can start recording in minutes
  • Made for Apple’s GarageBand software
  • Works with GarageBand on iOS devices or with any Core Audio compatible application on a Mac
  • Control knob allows easy input level adjustment
  • Multicolor LED for status indication and input level monitoring
  • Studio quality instrument preamp with up to 40dB of gain
  • Locking output connects directly to iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch dock connector port or USB port on a Mac
  • 24-Bit, 44.1 kHz analog-to-digital conversion
  • Auto Soft Limit for optimal input level
  • Made in the U.S.A.
Sounds like it could be worth a look.


Clip to Evernote

7 comments:

Mat said...

Is it just me or do I see a USB interface plugged into an iPhone or iPod touch (Apogee website says it's compatible with iPad 2 to iPhone 3rd gen)?? Does it mean that the next iOS version enables this?

Bereft said...

I believe it works with OSX & iOS. USB on OSX and dock connector on iOS.

Mat said...

@Bereft

Yes, I saw that, but it still is connected to the doc through a USB to doc cable, plus it is limited to the same range of iDevices as iOS 4.3. Although I failed to find any mention of iOS 4.3 bringing something like the Camera Connection to the smaller iDevices, it really looks like the same thing to me. Again, I must just be dreaming/wishful thinking...

Unknown said...

It works wit OSX and ALL IOS Devices

Mat said...

@Beat

From Apogee website: compatible with iPad2, iPad, iPhone4, iPhone 3gs, iPod4 gen, iPod 3rd gen only

http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/jam.php

Anonymous said...

It is a USB interface, but it has dual modes in order to be recognized by OSX and iOS. iOS 4.2 enabled USB audio devices, but they still require a special doc connection. It's not like you can take any USB compliant audio device and a USB gender changer and plug it in.

Mat said...

@Anonymous

Yes, you're right and I'm just dreaming out loud.Still, the special interface seems a lot like what the CCK is, and I don't see an interface designed with a special/data changing USB out, I mean, technically not sound or too expensive, plus the timing (iOS 4.3...). Well thank you anyway, you just killed my dream, I would have liked so much to be able to use USB stuff on my iPod. As much as I like their products, Apple's ways of sticking a USB keyboard on my head to force me to buy an iPad is BAD!