iPhone App Directory

Spending time with RISCy

I haven't used RISCy for ages, but yesterday when I had a few minutes to play and didn't want to start anything serious I opened it up and generated random patches. What an awesome app this is.

If you like noise makers and you don't know this app then you don't know what you're missing.

RISCy is from the excellent Nic Collins and is a great app if you like sounds like the soundtrack to the Forbidden Planet. For making interesting synth landscapes it is wonderful. You can't save anything, just play or create stuff from Random, but it is loads of fun to play with and it is free as well.

RISCy - Nicholas Collins

Clip to Evernote

4 comments:

Tom TM said...

"you just can't save anything"

:(

I've emailed Nick. But he's clearly not interested. It's a shame.

Joost said...

It's Nick Collins not Nic Collins. Both make interesting electronic music and software. Both well worth checking out!

Joost said...

@Tom TM

In my opinion it's great that some apps don't have a save function. Our culture is obsessed with saving and exporting, endlessly recycling and accumulating data.

Tom TM said...

@Joost...

What a negative view of humanity! Whatever is wrong with being able to save something? I think you are wrong.

It's wonderful to be human. To constantly discover, accumulate and recycle. There just aren't enough people in this world. We need to discover more and make more. Just think of all that wonderful, newly gained knowledge just waiting to happen and to be discovered!

We need more people! :D