iPhone App Directory

iPhone 4S has 512mb of RAM

I was surprised to see this from MacRumors saying that the new iPhone 4S has the same amount of RAM as the 4, i.e. 512mb. I had sort of assumed that with the bigger processor and up to 64gb or storage that the 4S would sport 1gb of RAM, so I'm a bit surprised.

Are you? Am I just overreacting?

Clip to Evernote

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, it's the same as the iPad 2

Anonymous said...

Apple has always been cheap with RAM.

Anonymous said...

It's not a bloated or leaky os yet. (lets hope it stays that way)

Why does it need more for more's sake?

Anonymous said...

Because the RAM size hasn't been increased, developers will be forced to use the given resources more efficient. This is good for people with older devices like the iPhone 4 ;-)

Anonymous said...

"Why does it need more for more's sake?"

Because more RAM is required for complex patches.

Garloo said...

I think it is good that they have the back end sped up. It has the same specs as the ipad2 which is what was expected and a slighly lower clock speed to keep the battery drain down.

Anonymous said...

"Because more RAM is required for complex patches."

Amen.