iPhone App Directory

iPad Audio and MIDI Interfaces 2



A helpful overview from 4pockets on the various audio interfaces available.

iPads at the Apple Store

Clip to Evernote

9 comments:

Tom TM said...

I'd like to add that the Griffin iMic works brilliantly with the CCK, Meteor and iPad 1.

I just want someone to manufacture a connector that does all three; MIDI, digital audio and power to the iPad!

Tom TM said...

......(which isn't Alesis! ;) )

2Anonymous2BeReal said...

@Tom

The CCK is not made for music, you should not be using the CCK to connect musical devices on Apple devices. You couldn't have said it any better yourself in other posts :

"Because the CCK is exactly that. A "Camera Connection Kit"

"the CCK is nothing but a light compromise. It wasn't even intended for musical use"

I hope you will understand when Apple blocks music devices from working with the CCK on the ipad, because its clearly not how it was intended to be used, and god knows we must use stuff the way they were intended to be!

We need a real MIDI/USB interface on iDevices.

Tom TM said...

"The CCK is not made for music, you should not be using the CCK to connect musical devices on Apple devices."

You've misconstrued what I said.

I said the CCK was never intended to be used as a musical interface...

I'm not saying that "you can't" use it as a musical instrument interface. I'm saying don't expect miracles, as that wasn't it's original intention.

If you can use the CCK (I do, I use it- use anything you can, it would be stupid not to!), then go ahead and use it. But if Apple stops that, don't blame Apple (even though they immediately are the obvious ones to blame!)

If you want power, and all the functions help by PC's and the like, by a PC! It's that simple. :)

Musicians are a funny lot. lol! :D

I doubt very much that Apple will brick the CCK on the iPad in iOS. That's simply technofear. :)

Anonymous said...

"I just want someone to manufacture a connector that does all three; MIDI, digital audio and power to the iPad!"

with the size of a box of matches

Anonymous said...

or usb, s/pdif and power

Anonymous said...

@Tom

"But if Apple stops that, don't blame Apple (even though they immediately are the obvious ones to blame!)"

If they break it, don't blame them? Accept everything they change without questioning? .. errr.. ok then...

Sorry Tom, there's just no other way I can put it : * you're crazy *

"I doubt very much that Apple will brick the CCK on the iPad in iOS. That's simply technofear. :)"

I also doubted that Apple would block the CCK for iphones and ipod touches. I guess I was wrong.

Anonymous said...

@ the other anon: stop crying, get an ipad, get over with it!
im not willing to read the same rant week after week

Anonymous said...

@Anon on top
"@ the other anon: stop crying, get an ipad, get over with it!
im not willing to read the same rant week after week"

Yeah dude! Stop crying and go out to buy a 700$ piece of hardware that will be worth less than 200$ next year!!

And don't cry when the CCK support for music devices is removed from said ipad next year!!

Buy more!! Cry less!!