iPhone App Directory

Arctic Keys Patch Demo from One Red Dog Media

Arctic Keys Patch Demo by One Red Dog Media

iPads at the Apple Store

Clip to Evernote

12 comments:

distraub said...

A few of those patches are mine :) Awesome synth!

zaclaurent said...

Yeah, I also had the privilege to test this one, cool synth but with a bad temper:)

Great for dub step bass etc

Anonymous said...

Seems like this has been awaiting approval for ages. How long has it actually been?

zaclaurent said...

Released on 6th, same day as many other apps..
Distraub has made a video to show how it's lfos work

Anonymous said...

@zaclaurent:
Thanks man, looks like Thursday is gonna be expensive. Lol.

zaclaurent said...

Here's a YouTube by Distraub of the app in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHtEdQDXg6o

Anonymous said...

Just watched it, and the other two videos featuring distraub. Very well executed, but a bit too much glitch for me. I'm into a lot of different stuff, but it seems like 'dubstep' type bass is a tad overused at the moment, even though I like the combination of filters and LFOs. Please don't think this is a criticism, as I said, I really like the execution.

zaclaurent said...

Agreed, everyone wobbles now..but it does much more...

Definatly a great synth

zaclaurent said...

I plan to get iMaschine Thursday

What about you?

Trueyorky said...

Sounds like Arctic Keys will be a great addition to the mix.

zaclaurent said...

Yes, arctic keys is s powerful synth. During my beta testing I noticed that it has a powerful feel to it, unlike many synth apps thatbare delicate. If you cross sunrizer with ims20, you get something like arctic keys. It audio copies into other apps, has a good sequencer, you can save your one presets and share them via email, and for the dubsteppers, the lfos sre very versatile...

Definatly a must buy

Anonymous said...

@zaclaurent:
I'm still not sure regarding iMaschine. It seems to lack features that I'm so used to having, that I don't know if I could use it without feeling let down. I am curious about it though, which is positive. iOS apps have revolutionised my music making and workflow so I am tempted to see what It'll bring to the party.
So, tomorrow should be an amazing day. Arctic, Isle of.., iMaschine. Anything else? Phew! Going to have to take the phone of the hook for a couple of days at least, to get to grips with them all!
Also, how did you get to be a beta tester?