I'm always slightly wary of music games, but for just $0.99/£0.69 I think that this one is going to be worth a look at. Why? Well, Lucky Frame are the people who brought us the lovely Mujik, an app I still love and enjoy. So I think their pedigree as a developer is proven from that alone.
When I've had a play with it I might just make a little video and post my thoughts too.
Here's a bit more about this game from Lucky Frame themselves:
Bad Hotel is an insane hybrid of a tower defense game and a procedural music toy, with beautiful art and tons of bullets. You are a budding entrepreneur, whose hotel is rather unfortunately located within the territory of Tarnation Tadstock, the Texas Tyrant. Your only defense against Tadstock’s army of seagulls, rats, yetis, and more is to build your hotel as quickly and intelligently as possible, using an array of increasingly sophisticated weapons. The beautiful artwork, quirky storyline, and frantic gameplay all work seamlessly together with a generative music system, which creates original music depending on the player’s actions and decisions. The player becomes a composer, creating complex musical structures to defend their hotel. A vast variety of music can be generated, from delicate beach chillout to country banjo techno. Bad Hotel will release on 14 August, at a one-week launch sale price of $.99/£.69.
No comments:
Post a Comment