iPhone App Directory

No Berna for your iPhone


I got in touch with the creator about the possibility of an iPhone version of Berna. Here's the reply:
Berna is written in Max/MSP language. C74 is not planning for the moment to create a runtime version for the iPhone,
so I can't compile a version of berna for such hardware. I'm so sorry.
But really, if I could, I would really do it...

It is a shame, but understandable. So you'll just have to enjoy all the great stuff you can do with Berna on your desktop.

Bookmark and Share

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

been playing with berna and it is real nice, shame it won't come to the iPhone

the6thduke said...

I don't think it's that much of a shame (not coming to iPhone). Forward thinking apps such Jasuto can do all of this and more. I do however, think it is more of a shame that Max/MSP is not being considered for the iPhone! We need to stop looking at retro apps, and look towards the future! (which applies to most things doesn't it?! ;) )

ashley said...

I know what you mean about not looking back and only looking forward.

You're right about Max/MSP. I did contact C74 and asked them. They said that they had no plans for an iPhone runtime. Now that is a shame.

Anonymous said...

it is a shame that MAX won't create a runtime. RJDJ did it for Pd though, so it isn't impossible.