iPhone App Directory

Today in 2006: Capers, the one that got away

When I first started to hunt around for music making software on my Palm IIIx I stumbled over Capers, and was really excited by the prospect of a replacement operating system for the Palm OS that would focus on making music only.

I had high hopes for Capers which in the end came to nothing. I did write to Brian Whitman for months asking him to release the code so that someone else could maybe do something with it, but in the end nothing happened.

A shame, but I expect that there are thousands of software projects like this which never saw the light of day. Never mind.

Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would have been great if this was opened up so others could take it on

Anonymous said...

What a shame