I've been a littleBits user for some time now and have often wondered what they'd do in 'app' terms. This is a good start. It doesn't interface with your littleBits creations, but it does give you lots of suggestions and links to your littleBits online account.
I think that's a good start, but I hope it is just a start and that they'll add functionality to it over time.
For now, here's the app details from the store:
The littleBits App is your personal guide to unleashing creativity. Discover thousands of inventions, get inspiration for new projects, connect with the global littleBits community, access step-by-step project tutorials, and easily upload and share your own creations.
Learn how to make a blinking, buzzing, bumbling robot, a synth-keytar you can shred on, or the perfect way to automate your curtains to open with the sunrise.
- Get personalized littleBits project recommendations
- Explore thousands of inventions & instructions from people just like you
- Share your creations with other inventors in the littleBits community
- Earn badges by competing in community challenges and showcasing what you built
- Learn which inventions you can make with the Bits you own
- Manage your Bit inventory and build your collection
littleBits is a platform of easy-to-use electronic buildings blocks for you to create inventions large and small. These innovative building blocks snap together with tiny magnets, allowing anyone to build, invent, and prototype with electronics independent of age, gender and technical background – no soldering, wiring, or programming required.
The littleBits App is free on the app store: