So you already know that Arpeggio is on Kickstarter now and is doing really well. If you haven't taken a look at this already then it's really worth checking out. Also, if you're thinking that this isn't really for an iOS mobile musician, think again ...
Arpeggio is doing some interesting things in terms of integrating the Arpeggio hardware with a companion app. Here's what they plan that you'll be able to do with the app:
- Connect to Arpeggio via bluetooth or usb
- Create backups of Arpeggio data including sequences/songs/sets, advanced sequencer settings, MIDI and I/O settings, synth patches and parameter values.
- Edit the sequences stored on Arpeggio
- Edit synth parameters of the patches stored on Arpeggio, create new synth patches and upload individual synth patches to Arpeggio.
- Export sequences, songs, and sets as standard MIDI files or other format useful for DAWs
- Share sequences, songs, sets, and synth patches over bluetooth from one Arpeggio to another.
- Adjust the advanced sequencer settings, MIDI and I/O settings on Arpeggio
- Update firmware, on Arpeggio, restore to factory defaults.
- Cross platform application iOS / Android / OSX / Windows