iPhone App Directory

Voix Vocoder for iPad arrives

A new vocoder for your iPad arrives today. Here are the details:

Voix is an 8-band vocoder for iPad that lets you play your voice like a synth. With Voix, your voice sounds like a singing robot. For best results, use with headphones.
  • Simple to use: just speak into the iPad mic while playing the keyboard.
  • Slide your finger across the ribbon controller for finer pitch control.
  • Play up to 5 octaves with the Octave Up and Down buttons.
  • Make speech more intelligible with the HF Emphasis button.
  • Play the vocoder like a regular sawtooth synth with the Bypass Vocoder button.
  • Record your performances, save them to your computer with iTunes or send them via e-mail.
The app is priced at $0.99

Voix Vocoder - Utku Uzmen

iPads at the Apple Store

Clip to Evernote

1 comment:

freesoulvw said...

Wonder if they implemented irig,or line in support. I would not be able to see the keys if I was holding the iPad up like a melodica. It's not that difficult I imagine but it would still be nice to use a real mic solution.

I have been using synthtronica as my default vocoder. I recently found a micro Korg for $160 and really am thinking hard about getting that baby quick. I want to add a micro Korg and a kaoss pad(pro or kp3) to my set up.