iPhone App Directory

Isle of Tune is coming ...


You've heard me talk about Isle of Tune before and wax lyrical about it, but not too long ago I got to meet up with Jim the creator of Isle of Tune and talk about the idea, the app and where it was all going.

To me Isle of Tune represents a really interesting middle ground between music creation and gaming. Many people might say it is a game and they wouldn't be wrong but I think it is so much more. I see Isle of Tune as a very engaging way to get people to learn about music and to play without ever know that thats what they are in fact doing.

When talking to Jim he was of a similar opinion but had also been surprised by how people had used the online version and how they'd created some truly awesome pieces with it.

Hopefully it won't be too long before Jim brings the iPad version out, but after that he has big plans, and I think that there's a great future for this app both in the games and music making space.

I'm really looking forward to the release of the app and to hearing what the reactions are in both camps.

Clip to Evernote

No comments: