iPhone App Directory

Is there a gap for a drum synth?

As I mentioned earlier I was playing around with the new DrumTrack8 and it occurred to me that the one thing that I don't have on my iPhone (as yet), is a real drum synth. Something that is both a drum sequencer and a drum synth. If I've missed this app then please let me know, but as far as I can see there's nothing really like that around.

There are lots of drum machines, some very good like DrumTrack8 and JR Hexatone Pro, and some not so good, but I don't think there is a drum machine that gives you complete control of the synthesis of your sounds and then lets you export a pattern.

In fact, now I think about it, the only thing that comes close is Tweakybeat, which is great, but has no export.

Occasionally I go back to Griff and mess about with that, and it has a set of synth drum plug-ins which is great to play around with.

I think this is a real gap in the market and could be a brilliant app with the right set of features.

9 comments:

Robert said...

What about bleep!box???

While it won't let you export your pattern, per se, it is indeed a full featured drum synthesizer and sequencer with tremendous sound quality. No samples, just classic analog style percussion sounds with different instrument types including metallic perfusion and bass/lead set-ups.

David's app bleep!synth is also lots of fun, and the synthesis on that one is top notch, as well, in addition to having a wicked arpeggiator and a unique scalable playing interface.

Mr. A said...

bleep!Box is pretty close to what you're talking about. The only thing it doesn't do is export the pattern to MIDI.

Tom said...

bleep!BOX synthesises all it's drum sounds on the fly, and it's got a great sequencer, nuff said.

dcp said...

What about bleep!box?

LegsMechanical said...

bleepbox?

Anonymous said...

I thought that TweakyBeat was due for an update?

Mark said...

I think you're describing Bleep!Box. All its drum sounds are completely synth based and editable, plus it has a built in pattern and song sequencer.

David Wallin said...

erm.. isn't this exactly what bleep!BOX does?

Sigmund said...

OK, I might as well join in too....
Have you considered bleep!box?