iPhone App Directory

Playing with Argon for iPhone


Argon is one of those apps I've been meaning to spend a bit more time with for ages. Yesterday I got the chance and gave it an hour or so.

The first thing I did was to run through the presets, which reminded me of somewhere between the boards of canada (like Music has the right to children), and Dr Who (old proper Dr Who that is).

Having spent loads of time fiddling with the presets and having fun I started to try and make my own sounds with Argon, and found the interface and controls very straightforward to use and got down to making a little bass sequence really quickly.

Argon isn't a unique synth, but it does have a lot of functionality for £1.19. I was really impress with the quality of the sound and the responsiveness of the synth.

I'm going to have to spend a bit more time with this, which won't be a hardship at all, and when I do, I'll let you know.

In the meantime, check out Argon and let me know what you think.

Argon at the app store:
ARGON - The Monophonic Virtual Analog Synthesizer -

No comments: