iPhone App Directory

Korg DS-10: More thoughts

Yesterday I got to spend a bit more time with the DS-10. I haven't been able to link 2 DS's together as yet, but I may try that this week.

I think it is only fair to say that the DS-10 is really like a big version of Microbe. Although it is different from Microbe in a lot of ways. For example, I am not too impressed with the DS-10 drum capabilities. It is nice to have pads to drum with, but being limited to only 4 drum sounds isn't so good.

The sounds are great, and very easy to alter and patch. However, if you're just using one unit I think it could end up being a little bit restricted. With two or more you could do some really interesting things though, especially live.

I've had a bit more of a play with the Kaoss pad function and I'm getting to like that now. It can be quite a creative tool.

Finally, I started to put patterns into a song, which is a very intuitive process and really easy to use.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you find the 'edit' page for those drum sounds?

I think you may find it's not as limited as you think. ;)

ashley said...

Thanks Peter, yes I did find the edit page, and I like that too, but I still think that 4 drum pads is a bit limited.