iPhone App Directory

Korg DS-10: First Impressions

I opened up my new DS-10 cart and popped it in this morning. I was pleased to see that everything in the software is in english, which of course makes it much easier for me to use. So far I've just tinkered with the app and made a couple of short sequences, but it has been a very easy app to use.

I'm always happy to see good user interface design and this I think is a good example. Moving from one part of the app to another is very easy and straightforward and simple, and it is easy to see where you are and what is happening.

At first I wasn't too impressed with how you move the control knobs with the stylus, but I am beginning to think that this is perhaps more to do with the fact that I'm used to how this is done on other apps and platforms, and I just need to adjust.

I've only really played with the synth and sequence parts of the app so far, and dabbled with the kaoss pad a bit. I haven't really touched the drums at all as yet, and probably the thing I am looking forward to most is getting two DS's hooked up together to see how these can be used for performances.

So, more to come on the DS-10 over the next few days.

No comments: