iPhone App Directory

Emulation

A while back I posted a few times on some experiments in emulation using a Dell Axim. Well, I've been at it again. I think that trying to emulate old platforms on a handheld is one of those ideas that will plague me until I get it right, or at least until I've given it a really good shot.

So I've started at it again. This time, I am trying to emulate a number of platforms. Here they are:
  • Atari ST
  • Mac OS 6 & 7
  • Commodore 64
  • Amiga
  • ZX Spectrum
  • GBA
I'm planning on posting on these as I have either success or failure with the platforms. However, when I was embarking down this route again, I started to wonder why it was that I couldn't get it out of mind?

I realised that for me whole point of emulation was in effect to be able to contain an entire desktop system within a PDA.

I think that there could be some interesting possibilities with running older and yet still worthwhile software on emulated platforms within a single device.

Will it work though? I don't know, at the moment I'm just starting with this again. I'll let you know how it goes, and if I do get good results I'll be sure to post exactly what I've done and how.

No comments: