iPhone App Directory

Audio Box Micro Composer














I spent a bit more "quality" time with AudioBox yesterday, and it is really growing on me. I especially like the synth controls available and the range of synthesis options.

It is a different way of working from other applications that I've grown used to, but in some ways that's quite a good thing in terms of getting out of a set pattern of working. As I'm getting more used to using the app I can begin to see just how much potential it has. Apart from anything it has a great looking user interface which makes it very pleasant to work with. Selecting instruments and controls is fine once you've got used to way everything is laid out.

Being used to Bhajis Loops I've got into a habit of working with that interface and using something different can be a bit of a challenge. However, I think I'm going to like using AudioBox as although it is different, it is in many ways quite intuitive.

Probably the most interesting thing about AudioBox so far is the quality of the synthesis. It really is excellent. I've always liked Griff for the synth plugins, but AudioBox really goes beyond it. More of this in my next post about AudioBox.

Lastly, one thing that has really struck me is the reverb in AudioBox, it is superb.

Anywau, I'll post some more about the app when I have more time to play with it, and maybe some video too.

No comments: